Monday, June 15, 2009

Start Your Day with MBT

I don't assume there is a person out there that wouldn't want to shed a few pounds. If you are like me, you have evaluated numerous ways to shed a few pounds. I have tried tactics like joining a gym, Jenny Craig, numerous diets, and trying diet pills. All have been somewhat successful, but none have stuck. I know the influence of exercise, but with my hectic schedule, it is hard to fit it in.

In my hunt for new strategies to solve my dilemma, I came across a relatively new product that can help make my workouts more effective. They are called MBT's, which is short for Masai Barefoot Technology. It is a range of footwear that has a lot of benefits for the body, one in particular is that they help burn more calories when walking. But wait, you say, how can a shoe help me burn more calories?

The secret to this footwear is found in the sole design. They have a multiple layer rocker sole that mimics treading on the sand. If you think about how it's more challenging to walk in the sand, then you get a rough idea of how these shoes work. What happens when you wear MBT's as you walk is that more muscles are being worked, therefore increasing the amount of calories being burned.

The beauty of these shoes is that there is more calorie burn doing what we already do on a daily basis...walk. It makes it an excellent solution for all those with time constraints and can’t squeeze in the time to do a complete workout. All you have to do is put on the MBT and start your day. It's that easy. Don't get me wrong though, you still have to watch what you eat. Buying a pair of these shoes and putting them on does not entitle you to super size your meal at a fast food restaurant nor take an extra large helping of cheesecake.

Another nice aspect of this footwear is the wide variety available. They have sneakers, sandals and casual/professional shoes. They have a solution for any type of occasion. Well, maybe not a wedding.

So if you are looking for an easy way to burn more calories, and don't have the time to spare for working out, give this product a try.